As we have discussed, we’ll be having a final next week for first semester, but it won’t be a traditional summary final of the semester. Instead, we’ll use it as a time to reflect on what we’ve done in Café Rialto and wrap up our poetry work for now. Here’s a quick overview of what to expect and what you’ll need:
• Date and Time of Finals: 5th period is on Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. 2nd and 4th periods will be Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2011 with 2nd period from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. and 4th period from 10 a.m. to 11:45 a.m..
• What to Expect: During the time of our final, you’ll be expected to do three things:
1. Thoughtfully review other students’ poetry anthologies
2. Write about several of the poems you read in other anthologies
3. Reflect on:
a. your experiences with poetry in Café Rialto
b. your anthology
c. your peers’ anthologies
• What to Bring:
1. Something to write with
2. Notebook paper
• Journal Drop Expectations:
The Journal Drop is scheduled for Friday, January 21, 2011 in class.
To earn an “A” on your first semester Journal, you must:
a. Turn in your Journal on time
b. Provide organization and evidence in your Journal of sufficient notes and work on these topics:
• Personal Info Page: name, period, brief statement
• Table of Contents: include entries for each of the following categories
• Reading & Viewing: “TTTC,” “Big Fish,” etc.
• Creative Writing: quick writes, journal entries, etc.
• Literary Terms: notes on terms, etc.
• Film Terms: no official notes yet
• English Nuts & Bolts: anything about writing, grammar, punctuation, etc.
• Senior Project Info: any notes about the project
• Miscellaneous: any other info you may have collected
• Café Rialto Menu: include the menu with your feedback on poems read in class